Thursday, October 13, 2011

Housewife-ish duties...


I am proud to announce that I’ve been AWESOME at making dinner this week. Well, at least at planning dinner. Peter may have made some of the meals… For those of you who care to know: Monday we had baked trout with a sour cream sauce, asparagus risotto, and sautéed broccoli. Tuesday we had leftover asparagus risotto, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, steak, and baked potatoes. Wednesday we had baked parmesan chicken, baked potatoes, and sautéed garlic spinach.  I’ve been trying to limit my carbs… can you tell? And tonight… maybe fajitas. Without tortillas.

Nope. Scratch that. Peter will go grab some tortillas so we can do fajitas! Hurrah!

Anyway… the rest of the week is probably going to be all over the place due to Peter going to the “Game in a Day” competition at GEEX. I wish I could go too, but I have to work. L And now that our basement is all patched and repainted, I have major plans for moving furniture. If I can finagle it I want to make it to IKEA as well. I’m not sure that’s going to be manageable though. We’ll see. I still haven’t heard anything on the job front. It’s only been a week though. I’m trying to minimize the possible damage by imagining that I didn’t get the job. That and I’m continuing to apply for other positions. I’m still hoping I got it… but … that’s … yeah. It makes me too anxious to think about it at this point.

So I’m going to plan about reorganizing furniture, finally (maybe) hanging pictures, sleeping in, going to the library, and generally not doing anything else this weekend. What are your grand plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment